1. Payment; Fees. Customer agrees to pay the Sum of $(see Tyco proposal) ("Installation Charge") with $(see Tyco proposal) payable upon acceptance of this Agreement ("Installation Charge Deposit") plus any applicable "Fees" and sales taxes. Tyco may invoice Customer for progress billings based upon Equipment and/or System components delivered or stored, and/or Services performed before completion of the System/Equipment installation, activation of the System, connection to the Central Monitoring Center (“CMC”), or any other Service(s). All outstanding Installation Charges and/or Fees shall be due and payable upon completion of the installation of the Equipment/System and as a precondition to activation of System and, if applicable, connection to Tyco's CMC or any other Service(s). For the Service(s) provided, Customer agrees to pay service charges in the amount of $(see Tyco proposal) per annum (the "Annual Service Charge"), payable in advance (monthly/annually per the Tyco proposal) plus applicable state and/or local tax(es) for five (5) year(s) (the "Initial Term") effective from the date such Service is operative under this Agreement. Until Customer has paid Tyco the Installation Charge and Fees in full, Customer grants to Tyco a security interest in the Equipment and all proceeds thereof to secure such payment. After the Initial Term this Agreement shall automatically renew on a/an (monthly/annually) basis unless terminated by either party upon written notice at least 30 days prior to the anniversary date. Tyco shall have the right to increase Annual Service Charge(s) after 1 year. For termination prior to the end of the Initial Term, Customer agrees to pay, in addition to any outstanding Fees and charges for Service(s) rendered prior to termination, 90% of the Annual Service Charge(s) remaining to be paid for the unexpired term of the Agreement as liquidated damages but not as a penalty. Additionally, Customer agrees to pay any assessments, taxes, fees or charges imposed by any governmental body, telephone, communication, or signal transmission company such as false alarm, permitting or connection fees, or administration fees or service charges assessed by Tyco related to AHJ requirements and/or changes to applicable laws, the need to reprogram alarm controls/devices to comply with area code, signal transmission, numbering or other changes relating to the installed Equipment and/or Service(s) provided under this Agreement (“Fees”). There may be a service charge to Customer for cancelled installation/service appointments if Customer cancels less than 24-hours prior to dispatch, or if Tyco's representative is sent to the Customer's premises in response to a service call for false alarm or System malfunction caused by Customer's operation contrary to instructions, failure to close or properly secure a window, door or other protected point, or improper adjustment of monitors or accessory components. Failure to pay amounts when due shall give Tyco, in addition to any other available remedies, the right to terminate this Agreement and to charge interest at the highest legal rate on delinquent amounts. Customer agrees to pay all costs, expenses and fees of Tyco's enforcement of this Agreement, including collection expenses, court costs, and attorneys' fees. Installation Charge(s) are based on Tyco performing the installation with its own personnel. If for any reason installation must be performed by outside contractors, Installation Charge(s) may be subject to revision.
2. Termination by Tyco. In addition to any other remedies available to Tyco, Tyco may terminate this Agreement and discontinue any Service(s) if (a) Tyco's CMC is substantially damaged by fire or catastrophe or if Tyco is unable to obtain any connections or privileges required to transmit signals between the Customer's premises, Tyco's CMC or the Municipal Fire or Police Department or other first responder; (b) Customer fails to follow Tyco's recommendations for the repair or replacement of defective parts of the System not covered under the Warranty or QSP/Maintenance Service; (c) Customer's failure to follow the operating instructions provided by Tyco results in an undue number of false alarms or System malfunction; (d) in Tyco's sole opinion, the premises in which the System is installed are unsafe, unsuitable, or so modified or altered after installation as to render continuation of Service(s) impractical or impossible; or (e) for breach, including Customer's failure to make payments when due; and Tyco will not be liable for any damages or subject to any penalty as a result of any such termination.
3. Tyco-Owned Equipment. If the Equipment is Tyco Owned, Tyco may remove or upon written notice to the Customer, abandon in whole or in part, all devices, instruments, appliances, cabinets, and other materials associated with the system, upon termination of this Agreement, without obligation to repair or redecorate any portion of the Customer's premises upon such removal. The removal or abandonment of such materials shall not be held to constitute a waiver Tyco’s right to collect any charges which have been accrued or may be accrued hereunder.
4. Confirmation of Appointments; Consent to Call/Email. Customer expressly authorizes Tyco and its authorized representatives to contact Customer at the telephone number(s) and email address(es) provided by Customer to Tyco: (a) using an automated calling device to deliver a prerecorded message to set/confirm a service/installation appointment; (b) from time to time with information and offers about products and services that might interest Customer; and (c) to exclusively use email as the means to provide notification to Customer of various alarm conditions such as supervisory and trouble signals received from the System installed at Customer’s location. Customer acknowledges that when a calling device or email notification method is used, delivery of the notification may be delayed or may fail due to private and or public network issues, telecommunication outages, internet delay or failures, and other conditions that can impede or delay the delivery of electronic notifications. Customer acknowledges that Tyco will not have knowledge of the failure of, or successful delivery of, electronic notifications.
5. Customer Acknowledgment. Customer acknowledges that: (a) when presenting its proposal to Customer, Tyco explained the full range of protection, equipment, and services available to Customer; (b) additional protection over and above that provided herein is available and may be obtained from Tyco at an additional cost to the Customer; and (c) Customer desires and has contracted for only the Equipment/Service(s)/System purchased; (d) if Type of Transaction is Resale, the System is Tyco-owned for Tyco installed equipment and/or Tyco connection to the previously installed existing alarm system; (e) such Equipment/Services/System purchased are for Customer's own use and not for the benefit of any third party; (f) Customer owns the premises in which the Equipment is being installed or has the authority to engage Tyco to carry out the installation in the premises; (g) Customer will comply with all laws, codes and regulations pertaining to the use of the Equipment/Services/System; and (h) Customer agrees to the TERMS AND CONDITIONS below. It is understood that the terms and conditions in this Agreement shall prevail over any conflicting or additional terms and conditions on any purchase order or other document that the Customer may issue. Any changes in the Schedule of Protection requested by the Customer after the execution of this Agreement may result in additional cost to the Customer and any such changes/additions must be authorized in writing by both the Customer and Tyco. This Agreement may only be modified by written amendment, executed by Tyco.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
A. CENTRAL STATION SIGNAL RECEIVING AND NOTIFICATION SERVICE - Shall be provided by Tyco if this Agreement includes a charge for such Service. If such Service is purchased, if an alarm signal registers at Tyco's CMC, Tyco shall endeavor to notify the appropriate Police or Fire Department and the designated representative of the Customer. If a burglar alarm signal or fire signal registers at Tyco's CMC, Tyco at its sole discretion may endeavor to contact the Customer's premises by telephone to verify that the alarm is not false. Failing to contact the Customer promptly or questioning the nature of the response received upon such contact, Tyco shall endeavor to notify the appropriate Police Department or Fire Department. If a supervisory signal or trouble signal registers at Tyco's CMC, Tyco shall endeavor to notify promptly the designated representative of the Customer. IF ALARM VERIFICATION SERVICE is being furnished, it is mutually understood and agreed that equipment is being installed which, as to certain locations in the premises, will require the activation of two sensing devices, or a second activation of a single alarm sensor, or a continuous alarm event from a single sensor, in order for an alarm signal to be transmitted. Customer shall assume full responsibility for the operation of any and all bypass or switch units provided for disconnecting or reconnecting the alarm sounding and/or transmitting equipment at Customer's premises. The Customer represents that any vault to be protected by Tyco hereunder by sound or vibration detector systems has the minimum construction characteristics prescribed by the Underwriters' Laboratories, Inc. The Customer agrees to test any ultrasonic, microwave, capacitance or other electronic equipment designated prior to setting the alarm system for closed periods, according to procedures prescribed by Tyco, and to notify Tyco promptly if such equipment fails to respond to the test. If Customer has requested a 5-day "Familiarization Period" following completion of installation, and if needed an extension period, for Customer to become familiar with the system operation, then during this Familiarization Period Customer agrees that if any signal (including an alarm signal) of any nature registers at Tyco's CMC, Tyco shall not: respond to any signals, endeavor to notify the authorities, Customer, or Customer's designated representative, or undertake any other action with regard to any signal, whether or not due to an actual emergency event. COMMUNICATION FACILITIES. (a) Authorization. To facilitate Tyco’s ability to provide Service under this Agreement, Tyco may make requests for information, service, or equipment in any respect on behalf of Customer to Customer’s telephone service provider, wireless carrier, or other entity providing communication facilities or services for transmission of alarm signals (the “TeleCo”). (b) Digital Communicator. If a Digital Communicator is used to connect to Tyco’s CMC, Customer will provide a connection through a telephone jack to Customer’s TeleCo service as required to operate the System, Equipment, or to provide the Service. Such connection will be electrically first before any other telephone or Customer equipment, and will be located within 10 feet of the alarm/control panel. Tyco will provide such connection at Customer’s request and expense. (c) General. TYCO’S RECEIPT OF ALARM SIGNALS, ELECTRONIC DATA, VOICE DATA OR IMAGES (COLLECTIVELY, “ALARM SIGNALS”) FROM THE EQUIPMENT OR SYSTEM INSTALLED IN CUSTOMER’S PREMISES IS DEPENDENT UPON PROPER TRANSMISSION OF SUCH ALARM SIGNALS. TYCO’S CMC CANNOT RECEIVE ALARM SIGNALS WHEN THE CUSTOMER’S TELECO SERVICE OR OTHER TRANSMISSION MODE IS NOT OPERATING OR HAS BEEN CUT, INTERFERED WITH, OR IS OTHERWISE DAMAGED, OR IF THE ALARM SYSTEM IS UNABLE TO ACQUIRE, TRANSMIT OR MAINTAIN AN ALARM SIGNAL OVER CUSTOMER’S TELECO SERVICE OR TRANSMISSION MODE FOR ANY REASON INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NETWORK OUTAGE OR OTHER NETWORK PROBLEMS SUCH AS CONGESTION OR DOWNTIME, ROUTING PROBLEMS, OR INSTABILITY OF SIGNAL QUALITY. CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS THAT SIGNAL TRANSMISSION FAILURE MAY OCCUR OVER CERTAIN TYPES OF TELECO SERVICES SUCH AS SOME TYPES OF DSL, ADSL, VOIP, DIGITAL PHONE, INTERNET PROTOCOL BASED PHONE OR OTHER INTERNET INTERFACE-TYPE SERVICE OR RADIO SERVICE, INCLUDING CELLULAR, WIRELESS OR PRIVATE RADIO, OR CUSTOMER'S PROPRIETARY TELECOMMUNICATION NETWORK, INTRANET OR IP-PBX, OR OTHER THIRD-PARTY EQUIPMENT OR VOICE/DATA TRANSMISSION NETWORKS OR SYSTEMS OWNED, MAINTAINED OR SERVICED BY CUSTOMER OR THIRD PARTIES, IF: (1) THERE IS A LOSS OF NORMAL ELECTRIC POWER TO THE MONITORED PREMISES OCCURS (THE BATTERY BACK-UP FOR TYCO’S ALARM PANEL DOES NOT POWER CUSTOMER’S COMMUNICATION FACILITIES OR TELECO SERVICE); OR (2) ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS SUCH AS MODEMS MALFUNCTION OR FAIL. CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS THAT TYCO WILL ONLY REVIEW THE INITIAL COMPATIBILITY OF THE ALARM SYSTEM WITH CUSTOMER’S TELECO SERVICE AT THE TIME OF INITIAL INSTALLATION OF THE ALARM SYSTEM AND THAT CHANGES IN THE TELECO SERVICE’S DATA FORMAT AFTER TYCO’S INITIAL REVIEW OF COMPATIBILITY COULD MAKE THE TELECO SERVICE UNABLE TO TRANSMIT ALARM SIGNALS TO TYCO’S CMC. IF TYCO DETERMINES IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION THAT CUSTOMER’S TELECO SERVICE IS COMPATIBLE, TYCO WILL PERMIT CUSTOMER TO USE ITS TELECO SERVICE AS THE PRIMARY METHOD OF TRANSMITTING ALARM SIGNALS, ALTHOUGH CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS THAT TYCO RECOMMENDS THAT CUSTOMER ALSO USE AN ADDITIONAL BACK-UP METHOD OF COMMUNICATION TO CONNECT CUSTOMER’S ALARM SYSTEM TO TYCO’S CMC REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF TELECO SERVICE USED. CUSTOMER ALSO UNDERSTANDS THAT IF TYCO DETERMINES IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION THAT CUSTOMER’S TELECO SERVICE IS, OR LATER BECOMES, NON-COMPATIBLE, OR IF CUSTOMER CHANGES TO ANOTHER TELECO SERVICE THAT IS NOT COMPATIBLE, THEN TYCO WILL REQUIRE THAT CUSTOMER USE AN ALTERNATE METHOD OF COMMUNICATION ACCEPTABLE TO TYCO AS THE PRIMARY METHOD TO CONNECT CUSTOMER’S ALARM SYSTEM TO TYCO’S CMC. TYCO WILL NOT PROVIDE FIRE OR SMOKE ALARM MONITORING FOR CUSTOMER BY MEANS OTHER THAN AN APPROVED TELECO SERVICE AND CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS THAT IT IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSURING THAT IT USES APPROVED TELECO SERVICE FOR ANY SUCH MONITORING AND THAT IT COMPLIES WITH NATIONAL FIRE ALARM STANDARDS AND LOCAL FIRE CODES. CUSTOMER ALSO UNDERSTANDS THAT IF CUSTOMER’S ALARM SYSTEM HAS A LINE CUT FEATURE, IT MAY NOT BE ABLE TO DETECT ALARM SIGNALS IF THE TELECO SERVICE IS INTERRUPTED, AND THAT TYCO MAY NOT BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD SYSTEM CHANGES REMOTELY OR PROVIDE CERTAIN AUXILIARY MONITORING SERVICES THROUGH A NON-APPROVED TELECO SERVICE. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT ANY DECISION TO USE A NON-APPROVED TELECO SERVICE AS THE METHOD FOR TRANSMITTING ALARM SIGNALS IS BASED ON CUSTOMER’S OWN INDEPENDENT BUSINESS JUDGMENT AND THAT ANY SUCH DECISION IS MADE WITHOUT ANY ASSISTANCE, INVOLVEMENT, INPUT, RECOMMENDATION, OR ENDORSEMENT ON THE PART OF TYCO. CUSTOMER ASSUMES SOLE AND COMPLETE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ESTABLISHING AND MAINTAINING ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE NON-APPROVED TELECO SERVICE FOR CONNECTION TO THE ALARM MONITORING EQUIPMENT. CUSTOMER FURTHER UNDERSTANDS THAT THE ALARM SYSTEM MAY BE UNABLE TO SEIZE THE TELECO SERVICE TO TRANSMIT AN ALARM SIGNAL IF ANOTHER CONNECTION HAS DISABLED, IS INTERFERING WITH, OR BLOCKING THE CONNECTION.
B. Warranty: If the transaction type is a "Direct Sale", any part of the system, including the wiring, installed under this Agreement which proves to be defective in material or workmanship within ninety (90) days of the date of completion of installation will be repaired or replaced at Tyco's option with a new or functionally operative part. Labor and material required to repair or replace such defective components will be free of charge for a period of ninety (90) days following the completion of the original installation. This Warranty does not apply to the "Conditions Not Covered by Warranty" listed below (the "Conditions") and if Customer calls Tyco for service under the Warranty and upon inspection by Tyco's representative it is found that one of these Conditions has led to the inoperability or apparent inoperability of the system, a charge will be made for the service call of Tyco's representative whether or not he actually works on the system. Should it actually be necessary to make repairs to the system due to one of the Conditions, a charge will be made for such work at Tyco's then applicable rates for labor and material. Service will be furnished by Tyco during Tyco's normal working hours of 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Monday through Friday, except holidays. CONDITIONS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY: (a) Damage or extra service time resulting from accidents, acts of God, lightning, strikes, riots, floods, terrorism, acts of War, alteration, misuse, tampering or abuse, adjustments, repairs or maintenance not done by Tyco, or from parts, accessories, attachments or other devices not furnished by Tyco; (b) Customer's improper operation per instructions; (c) Adjustments necessitated by Video camera misalignment, improper monitor brightness and contrast tuning dials, or inadequate lighting on viewing area; (d) Trouble due to interruption of commercial power to the phone service or use of Non-Traditional Telephone Service; (e) Battery failure; (f) Devices designed to fail in protecting the System such as , but not limited to, fuse and circuit breakers; (g) System changes requested by Customer. THE FOREGOING WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE PURCHASER'S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL LOSSES OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING TYCO'S NEGLIGENCE, SHALL BE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS SPECIFIED ABOVE. TYCO SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR DAMAGES TO PROPERTY, AND HOWEVER OCCASIONED, WHETHER ALLEGED AS RESULTING FROM BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONTRACT BY TYCO OR NEGLIGENCE OF TYCO OR OTHERWISE.
C. Maintenance: If Customer has purchased maintenance service on any of the Equipment, Tyco will, upon Customer's request, provide ordinary maintenance and repair of the covered equipment due to normal wear and tear and bear the expense thereof. The expense of all extraordinary maintenance and repair due to alterations in the Customer's premises, alterations of the system made at the request of the Customer, or made necessary by changes in the Customer's premises, damage to the premises or to the alarm system, or to any cause beyond the control of Tyco, shall be borne by the Customer. The Customer agrees to furnish any necessary electric current through the Customer's meter and at the Customer's own expense with an outlet within 10 feet of the Tyco Control Panel. It is mutually agreed that the work of installation and Tyco's repairs of the system shall be performed between Tyco's normal working hours of 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M., Monday through Friday, except holidays. EXCLUSIONS: Maintenance on the following devices will be provided only on a time and material basis: (1) window foil, (2) security screens, (3) exterior mounted devices, (4) PROM (Programmable Read Only Memory), (5) Equipment subject to the Conditions Not Covered by Warranty listed in Paragraph B. above, (6) computer hardware, software, or computer networks. It is understood and agreed that Tyco's obligation relates to the maintenance solely of the specific Equipment covered under the Maintenance Service Contract, and that Tyco is in no way obligated to maintain, repair, service, replace, operate or assure the operation of any device or devices of the Customer or of others not installed by Tyco. If not contracted for before the expiration of the Warranty, Tyco will enter into a Maintenance Service Contract only after inspecting the system and making any necessary repairs or replacements to the system at a charge to the Customer for labor and/or material at Tyco's then prevailing rates. INSPECTIONS. If such services are purchased, Tyco will provide the number of inspections of the System only as specified in this Agreement and such Inspections shall be performed during Tyco's normal working hours of 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M., Monday through Friday, except holidays and subject to "EXCLUSIONS" set forth in Paragraph C, above for maintenance.
D. INVESTIGATOR RESPONSE SERVICE. If Customer has purchased Investigator Response Service, such services shall be provided according to the level selected as follows: Level I - Exterior Investigation: Upon receipt of a burglar alarm signal from the Customer's premises, Tyco, in addition to notifying the Police Department as indicated above, will endeavor to notify the Customer's designated representative and also endeavor to dispatch a representative to the Customer's premises. The representative will make an investigation of the exterior of the premises from his vehicle. At the conclusion of the representative's investigation, Tyco will notify the Customer's designated representative of the results of the investigation. Level II - Interior Investigation: Upon receipt of a burglar alarm signal from the Customer's premises, Tyco, in addition to notifying the police department as indicated above, will endeavor to dispatch a representative. The representative will conduct an exterior investigation and then enter the Customer's premises with keys which must be provided by the Customer and make an interior investigation. However, if there is evidence of an attack, the Tyco representative will terminate his investigation until the police arrive. The Customer's representative will then be notified if there has been an attack. Otherwise a notice of the alarm will be left at the control unit. For either level of investigation, the Customer authorizes and directs Tyco to cause the arrest of any person or persons unauthorized to enter his premises and to hold him or them until released by the Customer or an authorized known representative, and in such cases to indemnify Tyco against any liability, cost or expense in consequence of such arrest. If the Customer requests that the Tyco Representative remain at the premises pending Customer's arrival, and Tyco agrees to comply, the Customer will be charged at Tyco's then prevailing rate for labor. Investigator Response Service – Level-1 Exterior Investigation. If Investigator Response Service – Level-1 Exterior Investigation is being furnished under this Agreement, upon receipt of a burglar alarm signal from the Customer's premises, Tyco in addition to notifying the Police as set forth in Section A, Tyco will endeavor to notify the Customer's designated representative and also endeavor to dispatch a Tyco Representative to the Customer's premises. The Tyco Representative will make an investigation of the exterior of the premises from his/her vehicle. At the conclusion of the Tyco Representative's investigation, Tyco will notify the Customer's designated representative of the results of the investigation. Customer authorizes and directs Tyco to cause the arrest of any person or persons unauthorized to enter Customer's premises and to hold him or them until released by the Customer or an authorized known representative and in such cases to indemnify Tyco against any liability, cost or expense in consequence of such arrest. If the Customer requests that the Tyco Representative remain at the premises pending Customer's arrival, and Tyco agrees to comply, the Customer will be charged at Tyco's then prevailing rate for labor.
E. 1. TYCO IS NOT AN INSURER. THE AMOUNTS TYCO CHARGES CUSTOMER ARE NOT INSURANCE PREMIUMS. SUCH CHARGES ARE BASED UPON THE VALUE OF THE SERVICES, SYSTEM AND EQUIPMENT TYCO PROVIDES AND ARE UNRELATED TO THE VALUE OF CUSTOMER'S PROPERTY, ANY PROPERTY OF OTHERS LOCATED IN CUSTOMER'S PREMISES, OR ANY RISK OF LOSS ON CUSTOMER'S PREMISES.
2. TYCO'S SERVICES, SYSTEMS AND EQUIPMENT DO NOT CAUSE AND CANNOT ELIMINATE OCCURENCES OF THE EVENTS THEY ARE INTENDED TO DETECT OR AVERT. TYCO MAKES NO GUARANTY OR WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, THAT THE SERVICES, SYSTEM OR EQUIPMENT SUPPLIED WILL DETECT OR AVERT SUCH EVENTS OR THE CONSEQUENCES THEREFROM. ACCORDINGLY, TYCO DOES NOT UNDERTAKE ANY RISK THAT CUSTOMER'S PERSON OR PROPERTY, OR THE PERSON OR PROPERTY OF OTHERS, MAY BE SUBJECT TO INJURY OR LOSS IF SUCH AN EVENT OCCURS. THE ALLOCATION OF SUCH RISK REMAINS WITH CUSTOMER, NOT TYCO. INSURANCE, IF ANY, COVERING SUCH RISK SHALL BE OBTAINED BY CUSTOMER. TYCO SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY DUE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY TO EVENTS, OR THE CONSEQUENCES THEREFROM, WHICH THE SYSTEM OR SERVICES ARE INTENDED TO DETECT OR AVERT. CUSTOMER SHALL LOOK EXCLUSIVELY TO ITS INSURER AND NOT TO TYCO TO PAY CUSTOMER IN THE EVENT OF ANY SUCH LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY. CUSTOMER RELEASES AND WAIVES FOR ITSELF AND ITS INSURER ALL SUBROGATION AND OTHER RIGHTS TO RECOVER FROM TYCO ARISING AS A RESULT OF PAYING ANY CLAIM FOR LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY OF CUSTOMER OR ANOTHER PERSON.
3. IF NOTWITHSTANDING THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION E, TYCO IS FOUND LIABLE FOR LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY DUE TO A FAILURE OF THE SERVICES, SYSTEM OR EQUIPMENT IN ANY RESPECT, ITS LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO A SUM EQUAL TO 10% OF THE ANNUAL SERVICE CHARGE OR $1,000, WHICHEVER IS GREATER, AS AGREED UPON DAMAGES AND NOT AS A PENALTY, AS CUSTOMER'S SOLE REMEDY. THIS WILL BE THE SOLE REMEDY BECAUSE IT IS IMPRACTICAL AND EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO DETERMINE THE ACTUAL DAMAGES, IF ANY, WHICH MAY RESULT FROM TYCO'S FAILURE TO PERFORM ANY OF ITS OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. IF CUSTOMER REQUESTS, TYCO MAY ASSUME GREATER LIABILITY BY ATTACHING A RIDER TO THIS AGREEMENT STATING THE EXTENT OF TYCO'S ADDITIONAL LIABILITY AND THE ADDITIONAL CHARGES CUSTOMER WILL PAY FOR TYCO'S ASSUMPTION OF SUCH GREATER LIABILITY. HOWEVER, SUCH ADDITIONAL CHARGES ARE NOT INSURANCE PREMIUMS AND TYCO IS NOT AN INSURER EVEN IF IT ENTERS INTO SUCH A RIDER.
4. THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION E SHALL APPLY NO MATTER HOW THE LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY OR OTHER CONSEQUENCE OCCURS, EVEN IF DUE TO TYCO'S PERFORMANCE OR NONPERFORMANCE OF ITS OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT OR FROM NEGLIGENCE, ACTIVE OR OTHERWISE, STRICT LIABILITY, VIOLATION OF ANY APPLICABLE CONSUMER PROTECTION LAW OR ANY OTHER ALLEGED FAULT ON THE PART OF TYCO, ITS AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES. IF ANY OTHER PERSON, INCLUDING CUSTOMER'S SUBROGATING INSURER, MAKES ANY CLAIM OR FILES ANY LAWSUIT AGAINST TYCO IN ANY WAY RELATING TO THE SERVICES, SYSTEM OR EQUIPMENT THAT ARE THE SUBJECTS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THEN CUSTOMER SHALL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD TYCO HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL SUCH CLAIMS AND LAWSUITS INCLUDING THE PAYMENT OF ALL DAMAGES, EXPENSES, COSTS AND ATTORNEYS' FEES.
5. NO SUIT OR ACTION SHALL BE BROUGHT AGAINST TYCO OR ITS AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES OR PARENTS (BOTH DIRECT AND INDIRECT) MORE THAN ONE YEAR AFTER THE INCIDENT THAT RESULTED IN THE LOSS, INJURY OR DAMAGE OCCURRED, OR THE SHORTEST DURATION PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW IF SUCH PERIOD IS GREATER THAN ONE YEAR.
6. THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION E SHALL APPLY TO AND BENEFIT TYCO AND ITS AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARENTS (BOTH DIRECT AND INDIRECT) AND AFFINTIY MARKETERS. IF THIS AGREEMENT PROVIDES FOR A DIRECT CONNECTION TO A MUNICIPAL POLICE OR FIRE DEPARTMENT OR OTHER ORGANIZATION, THEN THAT DEPARTMENT OR OTHER ORGANIZATION MAY ALSO INVOKE THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION E AGAINST ANY CLAIMS DUE TO ANY FAILURE OF SUCH DEPARTMENT OR ORGANIZATION.
F. If INTRUSION DETECTION SERVICE or WATCHMAN'S REPORTING SERVICE is furnished under this Agreement, the service will be provided in accordance with a separate Rider which shall be attached to and made a part of this Agreement.
G. Video Equipment. Customer will provide adequate illumination under all operational conditions for the proper operation of the closed circuit television camera and will provide the 110 AC power supply where required as well as sufficient space for monitors.
H. Direct Connection. A direct connection to the Municipal Police, Fire Department or other Agency shown shall be provided if the Agreement provides for such direct connect service. It is mutually understood and agreed that signals transmitted hereunder will be monitored in Municipal Police and/or Fire Departments or other Agency and that the personnel of such Municipal Police and/or Fire Departments or other Agency are not the agents of Tyco nor does Tyco assume any responsibility for the manner in which such signals are monitored or the response, if any, to such signals.
I. Hazardous Materials. In all cases except when the project involves new construction, Customer represents and warrants that to the best of Customer's knowledge the work site is free of any hazardous materials. The term "hazardous materials" shall include but not be limited to asbestos, asbestos-containing material, polychlorinated biphenyl ("PCB"), formaldehyde or other potentially toxic or otherwise hazardous material. If any such substance is discovered on the work site, Tyco will not be required to install or service the Equipment at such site unless and until Customer certifies the removal or safe containment of such hazardous materials. Customer shall indemnify, defend, and hold Tyco, its officers, directors, and agents harmless from any damages, claims, injuries, liabilities resulting from the exposure of Tyco's employees, contractors, or subcontractors to hazardous materials at the work site; provided, however, that the foregoing provision will not apply when it has been determined that such hazardous materials were brought to the work site by Tyco.
J. SAFETY ACT WAIVER. CERTAIN OF TYCO'S SYSTEMS AND SERVICES HAVE RECEIVED CERTIFICATION AND/OR DESIGNATION AS QUALIFIED ANTI-TERRORISM TECHNOLOGIES ("QATT") UNDER THE SUPPORT ANTI-TERRORISM BY FOSTERING EFFECTIVE TECHNOLOGIES ACT OF 2002, 6 U.S.C. §§ 441-444 (THE "SAFETY ACT"). AS REQUIRED UNDER 6 C.F.R. 25.5(E), TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, TYCO AND CUSTOMER HEREBY AGREE TO WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO MAKE ANY CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER FOR ANY LOSSES, INCLUDING BUSINESS INTERRUPTION LOSSES, SUSTAINED BY EITHER PARTY OR THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, RESULTING FROM AN ACTIVITY RESULTING FROM AN "ACT OF TERRORISM" AS DEFINED IN 6 C.F.R. 25.2, WHEN QATT HAVE BEEN DEPLOYED IN DEFENSE AGAINST, RESPONSE TO, OR RECOVERY FROM SUCH ACT OF TERRORISM.
K. Tyco ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR DELAYS IN INSTALLATION OF THE EQUIPMENT OR FOR THE CONSEQUENCES THEREFROM, HOWEVER CAUSED, OR FOR INTERRUPTIONS OF SERVICE OR FOR THE CONSEQUENCES THEREFROM DUE TO STRIKES, RIOTS, FLOODS, ACTS OF GOD OR ANY CAUSES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF Tyco, AND WILL NOT BE REQUIRED TO SUPPLY SERVICE TO THE CUSTOMER WHILE INTERRUPTION OF SERVICE DUE TO ANY SUCH CAUSE SHALL CONTINUE.
L. Assignment; Enforceability. This Agreement is not assignable by the Customer except upon written consent of Tyco first being obtained. Tyco shall have the right to assign this Agreement or to subcontract any of its obligations
under this Agreement without notice to Customer. If any of the provisions of this Agreement shall be determined to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
M. System Software; Network Connections; Open Source. Any software provided with the System or in connection with the Services is proprietary to Tyco and/or Tyco's supplier(s) and is licensed or sublicensed to Customer on a non-exclusive basis. Customer may not (a) disclose the Software or source code to any third parties, (b) duplicate, reproduce, or copy all or any part of the Software, or (c) use the Software on equipment other than with the designated System with which it was furnished. A separate Software License Agreement or End User License Agreement between Tyco and/or the software publisher may be required to use the software and/or obtain updates/upgrades. If the installed Equipment is to be connected to Customer's computer network ("Network"), Tyco will furnish and install the software needed to run the Equipment and will connect the Equipment to the Network according to the Network settings supplied by Customer. Installation shall not include modifications to the Network, security, or firewall settings. Tyco shall not be responsible for the setup, operation, or maintenance of the Network or Network performance or compatibility issues. Tyco may assess additional charges, if Tyco is unable to connect to the Network or if any additional Equipment is required to facilitate connectivity between the Network and the Equipment. Tyco represents and warrants to the end user of any Products sold/furnished to its customers that, to the extent the Products include any Open Source Software, the internal use and operation of the Products by the end user will not create any obligation on the part of the end user under the terms of any Open Source License (i) to make any source code or object code available to third parties or (ii) to license, disclose or otherwise make available to third parties any proprietary software, data or other information, or any associated intellectual property. As used herein, the term “Open Source Software” means any software, program, module, code, library, database, driver or similar component (or portion thereof) that is royalty free, proprietary software, the use of which requires any contractual obligations by the user such as, without limitation, that software that is subject to, distributed, transmitted, licensed or otherwise made available under any of the following licenses: GNU General Public License, GNU Library or “Lesser” Public License, Berkeley Software Distribution (BSD) license (including Free BSD and BSD-style licenses), MIT license, Mozilla Public License, IBM Public License, Apache Software License, Artistic license (e.g., PERL), Sun Industry Standards Source License, Sun Community Source License (SCSL), Intel Open Source License, Apple Public Source License, or any substantially similar license, or any license that has been approved by the Open Source Initiative, Free Software Foundation or similar group (collectively, “Open Source Licenses”).
N. THIS AGREEMENT CONSTITUTES THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE CUSTOMER AND TYCO. IN EXECUTING THIS AGREEMENT, CUSTOMER IS NOT RELYING ON ANY ADVICE OR ADVERTISEMENT OF TYCO. CUSTOMER AGREES THAT ANY REPRESENTATION, PROMISE, CONDITION, INDUCEMENT OR WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, NOT INCLUDED IN WRITING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT BE BINDING UPON ANY PARTY, AND THAT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS HEREOF APPLY AS PRINTED WITHOUT ALTERATION OR QUALIFICATION, EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY MODIFIED IN WRITING. THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL GOVERN NOTWITHSTANDING ANY INCONSISTENT OR ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR ANY PURCHASE ORDER OR OTHER DOCUMENT SUBMITTED BY THE CUSTOMER.
O. Electronic Media. Tyco may scan, fax, email, image, or otherwise convert this Agreement into an electronic format of any type or form, now known or developed in the future. Any unaltered or unadulterated copy of this Agreement produced from such an electronic format will be legally binding upon the parities and equivalent to the original for all purposes, including litigation. Tyco may rely upon Customer's assent to the terms and conditions of this Agreement if Customer has signed this Agreement or demonstrated its intent to be bound electronically or otherwise.
P. Personal Information. Customer represents and warrants that Customer has obtained all required consents and has the right to (a) disclose to Tyco all personal information disclosed hereunder concerning individuals/employees including all information contained in Customer's ECL, and (b) authorize Tyco to use such personal information to administer the relationship between Customer and Tyco, including the administration of this Agreement. Customer acknowledges and agrees that Tyco may share all such information with its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and its/their successor corporations or any subcontractor or assignee, within and outside the country in which the Customer is located and thereby subject such information to the laws of such countries.